Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Jig is Up!

Like I had posted previously, I have secured my next travel assignment. I had hoped to keep the location quiet in an attempt to surprise a few people, but alas, the jig is up! I am returning to New Hampshire, to the same hospital and department that I was in before. The secret is officially out and my former co-workers on the East coast are now in the know, so I can break my secrecy!

In my time off, I had been submitted and interviewed for a few other travel positions but none seemed to pan out. Either the hours didn't work or my qualifications didn't match the hospital's needs, ect ect. This process was different than selecting my first assignment. I felt more in control, less stressed, and more confident.

This assignment is also different than the last because it is for a shorter span of time. I am contracted for only 8 weeks and have no intention to extend. I am going to fill in while some staff take vacations and they train the new nurse who's position I had been filling. Since they needed me so quickly, the hospital agreed to fly me out and rent me a car for my assignment, rather than wait for me to drive out. While this is great, the negotiation process was long and tiresome! I told my recruiter when all was said and done, I'm exhausted and I haven't even started work yet!

I fly out this week and will return in October. I am excited to go and sad to leave. I will keep everyone posted on the blog of my adventures once again, thank you to everyone for their continued support!

1 comment:

  1. We are excited for your next chapter and sad to see you go as well! Its been so wonderful having you home for the last month+. And even more wonderful to see you relaxed & at ease with life moreso than before! I think, for now, the traveling nursing career suits you. It gives you a little bit of freedom and some new experiences that your heart and soul was in need of after all the stressors at GL. Safe travels out there!! Can't wait until you are home for the holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete