Friday, August 3, 2012

And it begins again

That's right, my next assignment is right around the corner. The past two weeks have been filled with negotiations, travel arrangements, and organizing packing lists. I will be leaving the Midwest once again.

Where? I am waiting to disclose the location until I arrive. Kind of like a covert operation. Hey, why can't I live the life of a secret agent for a bit?

In all seriousness, I found the negotiation of this second assignment less stressful than the first. The first time around, I was waiting to give my notice at my permanent job, dealing with the looming unknown of my future venture, and trying to close a chapter on my life while opening another. This time, I felt much more prepared. I know what to pack, what loose ends need to tied at home before leaving, and how to handle the inevitable changes to my life that come with traveling. I'm ready. I'm ready to work again. Don't get me wrong, I've thoroughly enjoyed my time off. I caught up with friends and family. I took advantage of being in my favorite city, La Crosse, during the summer with trips to Riverside Park, ice cream from downtown, and bike rides along the bluffs.

 But, I like my job and I miss taking care of patients. So, back to the grindstone.

I will keep everyone here posted as the time draws near and as before, I will post pictures and video from my next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment