Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Da Yoopers

Oh ya, don'tcha know, hey?

My New England friends and I discussed many times the infamous "accent" of a Wisconsinite. I think, largely, the accent we have tagged to us is really an upper Michigan thing. The last day of our journey home included a stop in the UP. St. Ignace, Michigan to be more specific. This sleepy little town lies between the "main land" or lower peninsula of Michigan and the upper peninsula (otherwise known as the UP, for any of my New England friends reading this!).

In order to get to the UP, you must first cross the Mackinaw bridge. A stunning 5 mile long bridge that spans the distance over the Mackinaw straights, over 300,000 vehicles use the bridge each month. My mom is deathly afraid of heights and as such, is not a fan of bridges. So, invariably when we are traveling, I end up driving across bigger bridges.



We only spend one night in Michigan, but we were able to take in more of the beauty this great country has to offer!




No comments:

Post a Comment