Sunday, June 24, 2012

Last Weekend

One would think on my final weekend in New Hampshire I would have big plans. Hiking. The beach. Walking around Boston.

To be honest, the weekend was filled with mundane tasks like laundry, cleaning, and packing.

I did manage to sneak in a little time with one of my co-workers who I haven't had a chance to spend time with outside of work. She invited me to her house to see some of the pictures she bought from me and framed for her wall. Unfortunately, Saturday morning part of her roof collapsed and she was left with a gaping hole in her ceiling. Something I know a little bit about! But, after she had a chance to clean up, I made my way over to her house. We spent some time in her expansive back yard, sitting in lawn chairs and chatting about life.

We got the impulse to drive to Newburyport, MA and take in some of the downtown shops. Soon after we arrived, the rain clouds began rolling in, spoiling our outdoor plans. We were both hungry, so she suggested we take a quick trip over to Amesbury, MA. I was charmed by the quaint town. After a delicious pizza at Flatbreads, we headed back for home. It was a lazy Saturday afternoon spent with good company and topped off with some awesome food. Not a bad way to spend my last Saturday.




Today was the final push to deep clean as much of the rental house as I could. As I typically do on Sundays, I did a bit of baking in an attempt to use of some of the ingredients I have left on hand to avoid having to pack them for the journey back. My landlord, who has his chiropractic clinic right on the same property as the house, loves Monday mornings because there is usually a box of baked goods on his doorstep. Mondays are hard. Cookies and brownies are necessary.



A week from now, Mom and I will be arriving in Niagara Falls. One step closer to being home!


1 comment:

  1. How amazing Chelsea....what an experience. To think that we went from chatting about traveling nursing and what kind of experience it could be to you coming home soon after your first position coming to an end and being able to look back over all the photos and stories and think Holy Shit....I did it! :) And BONUS...it was so good for you. Proud of you major accomplishments over the last few years chica. We've come a long way since our Viterbo Days. Can't wait to see you!!!!

    ReplyDelete