Sunday, June 17, 2012

Cruisin'

I had been looking forward to this weekend for two months. It was time for the harbor cruise with the girls from work. And did we have a good time.












Portsmouth, New Hampshire is an awesome town. It is a quaint seaside community filled with great local seafood restaurants, cute shoppes, all while having the feel of a funky college town. Portsmouth has it all. This was where our cruise set sail.




After stopping for some wood-fired pizza (not usually a wise choice before boarding a ship set for rough ocean waves, just FYI), we headed for the dock. This cruise was aimed at the 21 and older crowd, it was equipped with a DJ and bars on all three levels of the ship. The girls wanted me to experience the ocean from a boat while unwinding and blowing off some steam from the work week.

We got a little more than we bargained for.

(Shelley showing off her best gangsta move)

I knew right away just from sitting in the parking lot waiting to board the ship that the night would provide ample people-watching opportunities. Girls in high heels, big earings, and mini skirts (mind you it was set to be about 55 degrees by the time the cruise ended). Guys with greased hair, muscle shirts, and giant sunglasses.

I felt like I was on an episode of Jersey Shore.


(Jen's signature dance move)



(Me trying to learn Jen's signature dance move, without being thrown off the boat)

Aside from the bumpin' and grindin' going on in other parts of the ship, the girls and I staked out the upper deck to take in the best views of the harbor. We had fun chatting, getting to know each other outside of work, and making complete fools of ourselves busting out some serious white girl moves. Definitely made me realize my time here is running short and I'm going to miss the people I've come to know here.


Today I started packing. 12 days.



No comments:

Post a Comment