Sunday, May 13, 2012

Lucky

I'm back in New Hampshire, safe and sound. Of course, I didn't post any blogs while I was home because, well, the majority of people who read this blog I was spending time with! While the trip was short, it was oh so sweet.

The first few days were spent at home, romping around my parents property on their Bad Boy Buggie and searching for morel mushrooms. My birthday was great and I appreciated being able to spend time with both sets of grandparents. The meal was filled with Wisconsin stables: brats, beer, cheese, all eaten on a table covered with a lace tablecloth. Hey, we are a classy bunch!

After my birthday festivities came to a close, my mom and I headed to La Crosse, my second home. Anxious to get back, I had a long list of things waiting to be done at my house. It has been a challenge managing a home from over 1300 miles away, but I have a great crew of friends who did most of the leg work for me while I was away, so the house was in good shape.

While in La Crosse, I made sure to hit up many of my favorite local spots including Rosie's Cafe, Fayzes, and Riverside Park. I was also able to see many of my former co-workers and friends, including a new little addition to the Williams family, Emmalyn. I was even able to do a brief photo session with her, what a doll!

My time at home was perfect. I realized I am so blessed to have such a great group of people surrounding me. The outpouring of love and support I got while I was home humbled me more than I can say. I appreciate all those who take time out of their days to read this blog, cheering me on from afar, relishing in my successes and lamenting with me on the days that are a struggle. One person, who is near and dear to my heart, told me while I was home that my writing reflects reality. I don't ever intend to sugar coat anything about my experience here or paint a picture that life is perfect now that I am traveling. My only goal during this adventure was to, as I stated before, squeeze every bit of awesome out of this experience and take you all along for the ride. That's what I intend to keep doing.

On one last note, I wanted to send out a special thank you to my Mom on Mother's Day. It was with her unwavering support that I made the decision to embark on this adventure and have continued forward with the confidence that I can do anything. Thanks Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment