Monday, February 6, 2012

Personality Conflicts

I am organized. I like routine. I am rarely spontaneous. I am a creature of habit.

So, when I started telling people that I was going to try travel nursing, their first question is, "Why?" Any expert on travel nursing will tell you, in order to be a successful traveler, you need to be flexible. You need to be a go-with-the-flow kind of person.

What would possess a structured, routine-driven person to take on such an unknown lifestyle? I do think our personality traits help guide our decisions. It was because of my logical nature that the decision to take this risk seemed like the right thing to do.

I was caught in a rut. I knew I needed a change, no matter how scary it was. This change seemed like the right thing to do. It felt right. Although I have felt like I've been on a roller coaster over the past month, I have never turned back. Don't get me wrong, I have fears of the unknown, of the "what if's?"

But life is short. And I have always believed that you can never regret any experience, any choice if you learn something. So now I will go forth into the unknown, much like I did after graduating from nursing school, with an open mind. I hope to squeeze every bit of awesome out of this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment