Thursday, February 2, 2012

And so it begins...

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one’s lifetime.”-Mark Twain

Life has become clouded.

After graduating from nursing school in 2009, my eyes were wide and my mind was open. I wanted to learn everything I could, to soak up new experiences like a sponge. Changing lives, saving patients, making a difference.

These are the things I think every new graduate nurse aspires to do. They are the reasons why nurses subject themselves to long hours, little pay, and lack of respect. But, recently is has become unclear to me why I love my job. My passion for taking care of people has become overshadowed by the politics of “the institution.”

I need a change. I need something to breathe life back into me. I need to breakaway from what I know and venture out into the unknown. As Mark Twain said, I can no longer vegetate in my little corner of the world and appreciate life.

Travel nursing I’m hoping is that breath of fresh air that I need to bring me back to the world of the living. So, the adventure begins. This blog is for all of those people who want to follow my trials and tribulations as I travel the nation, sightseeing in scrubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment