Sunday, February 19, 2012

Home Sweet Away From Home

When I bought my house in La Crosse, I looked at 17 homes before I found the one. My realtor said I was pushing a record for her. So, needless to say, I'm a little picky about where I stay. Now, I wouldn't say I'm high maintenance (although, some others might!) when it comes to where I'm living, I like having the comforts of a HOME. Apartment living never was for me. So when the agency I work for presented me with the option of staying in a 500 sq. foot apartment three towns away from Exeter or in a small cottage only a mile away from the hospital, my choice was clear. Looking back, I'm glad I made the decision I did or I'd have missed out on meeting some pretty incredible people.

I took the day to walk around Exeter, peek into the various shops downtown, and make a plan for resturants I'd like to try during my stay here. It is a very quaint town, steeped in history as evidenced by the buildings dating back to the 1700's. The rest of today shall be spent on cleaning, cooking, and laundry. Crossing the country somehow doesn't exclude me from those household duties! I start week 2 tomorrow!

***I couldn't get the last video to upload with the bedroom on it, but, you get the general idea of the house!

2 comments:

  1. OMG. that kitchen. for a second i thought you were taping the onalaska house. HA! :) Glad it's working out for you! I miss you though. Sorry I missed yer call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it is very similar to the Onalaska house. The smell is also very similar oddly enough. Miss you too, I'll call ya again, maybe this weekend and we can chat. :)

    ReplyDelete