Friday, February 17, 2012

Carnage

Week one: done.

I can barely keep my eyes open long enough to write this post, so I'll make it brief.

My first week is over. I have already learned a ton, made some mistakes, kicked myself for them, and moved on. I'm beyond lucky to have landed in this situation. I have supportive co-workers who only want to see me succeed (although my success directly influences their workload, so there is a little incentive for them, ha!). I've met some truly inspirational patients already and my theory that only the nicest, most amazing people tend to get cancer continues to ring true. I'm constantly reminded of past patients who struggled with this devastating disease and I realized no matter if I'm in Wisconsin or New Hampshire or Alaska; patients with cancer only want to get better. Cancer sucks across all state lines.

My landlord's wife took me out to a quaint little theater a few towns over for a movie tonight and some pizza with a friend of hers. The movie was called Carnage with Kate Winslet and Jodi Foster. It was hilarious! Worth the watch. I'm going to get out and see the area this weekend. I'll post more this weekend, for now, I'm spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment