Monday, March 4, 2013

New England: Part.....how many is it now? 4? 5?


When people learn I am from Wisconsin, they usually make a comment about the nasty winter weather. Who would want to live in that? How much snow do you get? How cold does it get? My answer to the last question usually involves a description of how your nose hairs will freeze off with the first breath outside on a really cold day.
 
On my last trip to New England, I traded one winter for another. Only a few days after a large snow storm had hit, they had their fair share of snow and cold temperatures. As a result of the cold weather and less than amicable hiking conditions, the majority of my trip involved dinners with friends, movies while lounging on the couch and very little time outside with my camera. I did manage to snap a few shots of my time in Boston with Annie and Val, the New Hampshire countryside covered in snow, breakfast with Jen, and some infamous coconut cream pie (reference back to my trip with Helga last year).
 
 





The Old North Church in Boston's north end. Built in 1723, it is the oldest standing church in Boston. A large part of its history is wrapped up in the beginning of the American Revolution. On April 18th, 1775, Robert Newman climbed the church steeple with two lanterns in hand to signal Paul Revere that the British were invading Lexington and Concord by sea and not by land. One if by land, two if by sea. To read more about the history of this beautiful Boston landmark, click here.


 
Mike's Pastry for cannolis and Regina's for pizza, a new Boston tradition with Val and Annie.





 
Breakfast with Jenn at one of my favorite places in Portsmouth, The Friendly Toast.
 
 
The infamous coconut cream pie that Sarah and I had sampled almost exactly a year ago. Val and I drove nearly an hour into Maine to obtain this slice of heaven. It was as good as I remembered it. Like Val said, should have gotten two slices!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment