Monday, February 4, 2013

New England: Take Three

Shortly after my return from New Hampshire in October, I booked tickets for a two week vacation to go back. It gave me something to look forward to; something to get me through the injections, chiropractor appointments, and countless painful days. I began the countdown, eagerly awaiting the day in December that I would be re-united with my friends.

I didn't have major plans for my time there, didn't have anywhere in particular I wanted to go, but had a long list of people I wanted to see. But, while my friends were working or otherwise busy with their lives, I made my way back to a few of my favorite places.

My first day included a return to Nubble Point lighthouse in York, Maine. This was the same lighthouse that Sarah (aka: Helga) and I visited on my first day in New England back in February. So, it holds many memories for me. It was a beautiful day, sunny with a few stray clouds streaking the sky.


After my stop at the lighthouse, I made my way to the Cliff Walk. My friend Laura originally introduced me to this hidden gem in York. Known mostly to locals, the Cliff Walk is flanked by the ocean on one side and large mansion-esque homes on the other. Most of the homes along the ocean are owned by wealthy families, some passed down over generations. With my visit being so late in the year, most of them were vacant, some even with their windows boarded up for the winter.
 
 
 
Side note: I've been working on this post for over a month! These are the only photos the site is allowing me to upload! I figured a few were better than none. I will continue to work on it and intend to post another entry with more photos and more about my two weeks of bliss in New England!

No comments:

Post a Comment