Tuesday, January 1, 2013

What does 2013 have in store?

The New Year is upon us, despite the Myan prediction hooplah. Such is the time for reflections on the past year's events and predictions and hopes for the year in front of us.

New Year's doesn't tend to rank high on my list of celebrated holidays. Maybe its because I don't make resolutions. Perhaps its because as a person in the medical field, holidays tend to take on less significance. They become just another day of work. So, not surprisingly, I worked today! However, I did take some time to think about all the changes in my life over the last year and how significant it has been in who I have become today. It was a year filled with major life changes, new adventures, and new friends.

Last year on New Year's day, I made the decision to become a travel nurse after much deliberation. As I wrote in a previous blog (click here to read), I found reinforcement for my decision in a rather odd place: my 2012 horoscope. I'm a person who rarely reads their horoscope and puts little faith in such things, or at least I didn't until this year. In summary, the prediction for my 2012 year involved a new career that included extensive travel. Crazy accurate, right? So, when I saw the link on my Yahoo home page for my 2013 horoscope, how could I not click?!

What does 2013 have in store for me?
 
2012 brought a breakthrough or two to your career zone and now in 2013 the restless surge continues. Now that Saturn has finally moved out of your work and health sector for good, you will feel a great weight lift off your shoulders with the burden of daily demands and never-ending deadlines.This is the year to use that restless energy and take a risk to merge your passion and your work. You have been promising yourself for years that you would break out of the comfort of the familiar to pursue something more satisfying on a soul level even if it meant sacrificing the security of a paycheck. Well now is the time, Taurus. With the south node of the Moon pushing you out of the stagnation zone and into new and passionate territory, how can you possibly remain stuck? Something infinitely more gratifying is waiting for you on the other side of your current status quo, it's just up to you to make the leap.
 
 
I guess I had best prepare for more changes, new risks to take, and hopefully, even more happiness in 2013. Hopefully this means healing for my back injury and more traveling! I wish you all a healthy, happy new year and that all your dreams for the coming year come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment