Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Windswept in Wisconsin

In an attempt to not only distract myself from the impending spinal injection that awaited me this week but help settle back into the Wisconsin life that I loved, I took a trip to beautiful Door County this past weekend.

When I was in New England I fell in love with not only the people, but the landscape. The sheer beauty that was cast before me each day was astounding. At first, I bragged to my friends of the beauty of Wisconsin; something many scoffed at. Wisconsin?! Isn't it all just farms? I've traveled to every corner of Wisconsin it seems and have seen the variable beauty of this state. So, this weekend was my chance to re-experience some of that beauty. To rekindle my love of this great state, as if it has become some disenchanted romance I once had.

Door County is a big hit with first time Wisconsin travelers. It has a little of everything, no matter the season. Wineries, orchards, shops, parks, and restaurants all set to the backdrop of stunning Lake Michigan. Only a little over an hour away from my parents house, I'm almost ashamed to admit I have only been once before. My mom and I did a little of everything on our one day excursion. Grabbed a bag of honeycrisp apples, took a trolley tour of historic Fish Creek, drove up the shoreline cliffs to look out over the sparkling water, and sampled some local fare at a Sturgeon Bay restaurant.

The weather was beautiful. A bit blustery, but all the better to be swept off my feet. The people were friendly. The weekend was peaceful. Rounded out with a great Packer game on Sunday, there wasn't much more I could ask for. Somehow, that nagging feeling lingered. Right there. Right in the back of my mind. Is this where I am destined to be? I realized, no decisions are required right now. Instead, it is amazing to think of the opportunities available to me. How blessed I am to have the chance at a different life, if I want it. How amazing it is to have friends spread across the country, to know that I am loved in more than one time zone. To know that I always have a home to come back to if the endeavors I choose don't work out.







Today was the first of possibly a few injections to help heal my back injury. The first step in hopefully the right direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment