Saturday, September 1, 2012

Saying Goodbye to an Old Friend

I have officially picked up right where I left off. Only six weeks had passed since I had left New England. I seemed to have melded right back in with the staff and the routine of the department. I know my way around the area. I know the best grocery stores, where to shop, and many great places to eat. I've toured Boston. Seen and hiked the White Mountains. Soaked up the sun on the beach. So, what now? What will I find to fill up my next seven weeks?

I suspect I will return to some of my favorite places, incorporate a few new ones along the way. But, I think I will try to see New England in a new way. I have a different set of eyes this time. The first time, my eyes were wide, trying to take in what I could as quickly as I could. Now, I can take my time, take in the small things, be more selective about the places I spend my time. I can also invest more time in strengthening personal relationships and nurturing new ones. It seems these people are bound to be a part of my life no matter where I go. I was so humbled by the reception I received from my co-workers, patients, and even acquaintances I developed here during my last five months.

The blog may be a bit bare for the next few weeks as I am (eek!) sending in my camera to be evaluated for a trade in. I will hopefully be upgrading my camera after 6 years, but also will be without a camera for the first time in 6 years. My camera is like my buddy, it goes everywhere with me, so it will be weird being without it. I was sad packing it up, wondering, would the UPS carrier would understand what precious cargo they would be carrying? Seems silly I know, but it feels like I am saying goodbye to an old friend.

So, I have included the last photos taken with my old camera, a mixture of the beautiful flowers at Prescott Park in Portsmouth and a few shots of the moon last night.













2 comments:

  1. Love the photos....love love love. Sad that you had to let your camera go for now! Its taken some truly amazing photos in the hands of a truly amazing woman! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear! Miss you too, can't wait to get back to see how big my girls have grown!

    ReplyDelete