Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tugging at my heart strings


I had my first "real" day on the unit today. It was a huge wake-up call. This may be the hardest undertaking of my career.
Yeah, to my fellow IVT peeps, this is tough stuff. I thought I had been conditioned pretty well working in IV therapy for my first job, but this may be harder than I thought. We saw 35 patients today. Every 15 minutes there was a patient awaiting our attention. Usually this is done all by one nurse. Talk about busy. Now factor in that I know little to nothing about radiation specifically, nor do I know anything about the hospital/area. Yeah, this learning curve is a straight line drawn toward the sky! The good thing is that the staff are willing and eager to teach me, an opportunity seldom granted to traveling nurses. So, I'm excited for the chance to learn and hope to come out a more well rounded and enriched nurse.
But, on this day, Valentine's day, I needed to send out a special message to someone. Please refer to the video. I also wanted to say a big thanks to my parents for sending me a beautiful arrangement of daisies to the hospital for my first "real" day.

No comments:

Post a Comment