Friday, February 24, 2012

Settling for a slowdown...

Week two: done!

This week was S....L.....O..........W. Next week is destined to be a repeat of this week. The supervising physician is gone on vacation, and in the meantime we have three doctors "filling in" from Mass. General. We aren't seeing many new patients and this leads to a lot of downtime for me. I'm used to having projects and committee work to be doing, but this is what I wanted right? To be free of all that stress? I will admit, it is an amazing feeling to punch out at the end of the work day and not worry about being called at home to come into work, to be stressing about projects I need to finish, and other general work stressors I'm so used to.



I've been able to flex my nursing muscles lately by helping the department develop an anaphylaxis protocol. They administer IV contrast dye to scan patients in the planning phase of their radiation treatments. There is a small, ill-equipt anaphylaxis kit, but no guidelines on using it. Granted, they have a physician directly in the department, but it was the physican who decided to no longer do any contrast injections until a protocol was established. So, hopefully I can help contribute to this department in a positive way with my background.

I have plans for this weekend, if the weather cooperates, so stay tuned! Also, a big thanks to my friend DeeDee for sending me my first mail from home! I cute new apron (which is awesome considering I forgot to pack my other apron)! I love it Dee, thanks so much!


1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad you got your mail! Mail that isn't junk is always exciting! Lily was super excited to visit the post office with mommy this last week :) Its been nice to have the mustang back on the road...except now I get soooooo tired being out of the house for more than a couple hours! I was out with Mom and Gram and Lily all day yesterday...we had a great day but holy cats....I am slow moving today getting dishes done and catching up on housework! And I swear Emmalyn was trying to see how far she could stretch my belly outwards last night in bed....! I am thinking she might possible be a bigger sassy pants than Lily! We are in T R O U B L E!!!! :) Hope your weekend is fabulous! Can't wait to hear the details!

    ReplyDelete