Sunday, February 12, 2012

On the road again....

Roadtrip!!

After all the preparation and last minute details, I was finally on the road. I'll admit, this was one of the most nerve-wracking parts of this whole experience. I mean come on, I see enough drivers in La Crosse texting, shaving, applying makeup, ect while driving; how many were we going to encounter over the course of 1300 miles???

One of my best friends, Sarah, came with me to help drive and get me settled in the new house. My car was so full we could barely see out the back window. We left La Crosse around 7:30 AM on Thursday, drove 12 hours the first day until we hit Erie, PA where we stayed for the night. It was about hour 11 that the "highway hysteria" hit. Here is a video of our excitement when MC Hammer came on the radio.

At 7:00 AM on Friday, we were on the road again with about 700 miles left on our journey. That morning, "Super Freak" came on the radio, and we got a little excited again! Yeah, we're dorks, we accept it, now move on.


Once we got out of the midwest, the scenery started to improve through upstate New York and Massachusetts. All in all, the trip went smoothly, couldn't have asked for better weather (Ohio got dumped on with snow the day after we left, dodged that bullet). We went over some really big bridges, saw some pretty mountains, and lots, and lots of Chevy Equinox driving around. Hm, can't explain that last one. This is a short video of us crossing a HUGE bridge in upstate New York.

This morning I took Sarah to the bus station in Massachusetts so she can get to the airport and head back to Wisconsin. She was a great travel companion and now we have many stories to share with each other, inside jokes, and general insane moments. I'll miss ya Helga, thanks for a fun few days, see you in May!!!

(more about Sarah and my adventures in another blog post)

No comments:

Post a Comment